THE BENEFITS OF CYBERKNIFE INCLUDE:
– Painless procedure
– Delivers high doses of focused radiation
– Pin-point precision with submillimeter accuracy
– Spares surrounding healthy tissue from exposure
– Continuously detects and tracks the tumor’s exact location
– Accounts for tumor movement with robotic technology at every angle
– Treats tumors throughout the body
– Enhanced overall patient experience
The precision offered by CyberKnife sets it apart from all other radiation therapy solutions. With a robotic architecture, CyberKnife can bend and move around the patient, approaching the tumor from hundreds of unique angles. This flexibility enables radiation beams to be sculpted to target only the tumor, avoiding nearby organs and healthy tissue.
CyberKnife also addresses the challenges of patients and tumors moving, even slightly, during the treatment process. Using advanced technologies to track tumors throughout the treatment process, and adjusting to ensure accurate delivery of radiation, CyberKnife can compensate for patient and tumor movement, and eliminates the need to use invasive head or body frames and other techniques to prevent movement that are uncomfortable for patients. With its Synchrony® Respiratory Tracking System, CyberKnife is the only clinically proven system to use continual image guidance to synchronize the movement of the radiation beam with the movement of the tumor while the patient lies comfortably in a body cradle on the treatment table and breathes normally.
This precision makes it possible for CyberKnife to treat even the most complex cases.